ATTENTION: The Artists’ Asylum is a space that caters specifically to dedicated aerialists and movement artists. This is a professional environment where skill development and creative expression is playful and free but also very much respected. We love beginners and want to encourage any new exploration of silks so if you are new to the aerial arts, please come to one of our monthly Aerial 101 workshops or book a private lesson to get started. If you are new to the Asylum or aerial silks, you will go through a skill assessment to make sure you have the strength and knowledge to make use of the facility. When you reserve a silk, you are agreeing not to go beyond your skill level. Do not try out new moves unless they have first been successfully completed under an instructor’s supervision. This is where you dial it in, not where you do it for the first time on your own.
Using The Studio
- No shoes on the wood floors -this includes in the loft.
- Wipe your mat and/or equipment down after you’ve finished your workout, then put that sh*t away… I’m not your mom.
- No food or drinks (aside from water) on the mats.
- No gum in the studio. It’s a sticky, chokey hazard.
- Do not try to move an apparatus or operate rigging! If you need a different apparatus rigged, ask a staff member to rig it for you.
- Do not use equipment unless a staff member is supervising.
- As always, safety first. Do not go beyond your skill level.
- Always work with a mat beneath your point.
- The Artists’ Asylum is not responsible for your personal belongings. Please keep track of your valuables.
- If you are using silks, please wear athletic gear with adequate coverage. Fabric burn is a thing!
- Remove jewelry before using the fabric. Rings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, and dangly earrings can tear the fabric. Clothing with zippers and/or buckles can also tear the fabric.
- Please be considerate of your fellow artists and maintain basic hygiene.
- Please keep phone conversations to a minimum or step outside to take a call.
- Do not blast music! We reside within an artist collective and share the surrounding space. Bring Bluetooth headphones if you want to rock out.
- Do not teach each other.
- Please be considerate of your fellow artists and do not come to the studio and use the equipment if you are sick.
- Make sure you do not have any exposed or open wounds. Please make sure any wounds are covered with band-aids and medical tape.
- As much as it pains us, no dogs. 🙁
Please arrive 10 minutes early to classes and workshops to check-in and get settled. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you are considered a “no show” and your spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist. No refunds.
Cancellations must be done 6 hours prior to class or you will be charged full price. Those with class passes will have a class marked as taken.
Workshops are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A 5 class card will expire in 3 months. A 10 class card will expire in 6 month. A 20 class card will expire in 9 months. Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable, and we do not offer extensions.
Prices and services are subject to change as are hours and studio availability.
We offer a studio that allows trainers to train their students without being a resident trainer at our studio. Trainers can book the silk point and charge their fee directly to their student. All trainers must provide their aerial trainer insurance to use our studio. We are a neutral studio and we welcome everyone that loves the aerial arts.
If your new to aerial silks and you want to train at our studio, great! First, you must take our intro workshop or train with one of our trainers. Once you have done one of these you will be able to book open practice and aerial points. Another great way to get introduced and build stregth is aerial yoga. This is all levels class and you do not need to have basic skills to participate. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.401.5781
For More Info
Our beautiful studio is available for circus video/photoshoots, music videos, short films, and events. Please contact us for availability and pricing
- Music Videos, Photoshoots
- Over 50 people must hire a security guard
- No smoking
- No pets
- Loud music is only permitted after hours
- Do not roam the halls and around the building
- If you are not following rules and guidelines we reserve the right to ask you to leave the premises
- You will pay for any damages incurred and will forfeit deposit.
- Prices are subject to change